I am excited!
When somebody like Mary Poppendieck during a keynote at the Lean Kanban Central Europe 2014 presents a slide named “Next Generation Software Engineering” and you realise that your teams cover each and every point, it is a great feeling.
The points (blurred in the picture) are:
- Acceptance Test Driven Development process
- Tight collaboration between business and delivery teams
- Cross functional teams include QA and operations
- Automated build testing, db migration and deployment
- Incremental development on mainline with continuous integration
- Software always production ready
- Releases tied to business needs not operational constraints
And there is so much more we can do to improve, even more exciting! Well done PaddyPower! Well done BSD!